For this month’s #AMDSBkidschat, Mrs.Case- Schepers 5/6 class was in charge of choosing the video and creating the questions. Each of the original 4 classes have invited another class into the chat so we will have 8 classes joining us on April 25th from 10AM-11AM. If you would like to join us, please visit #AMDSBkidschat to find all of the information you need to get started. You can also tweet to @teach_msK @kerrcase @MsDunnell or @LeighCassell to learn more!
Video: Would You Give your Jacket to Johannes? SOS Children’s Villages Norway
- What is empathy?
- How do the characters in the video show empathy? What are the clues?
- How does the video make you feel? Why?
- Discuss a time when you have experienced empathy or witnessed empathy.
- Who is the most empathetic person you know? How does it make you feel to be around this person?
- How do you think empathy could change the world?
Most classes participating in the chat answer the questions ahead of time in the form of a tweet so during the chat they can post their answers and spend their time responding to others. Visit #AMDSBkidschat to learn more!
If you would like to extend the learning with your class this month here are some additional classroom activities that you can do with your students:
Additional Classroom Activities:
Draw a picture, create a tableaux, or write a poem about empathy.
Create a Frayer Model about empathy.