Last week I tweeted out questions to ask BEFORE integrating digital tools. Here is the full series of questions. What would you add?
Start with Backwards Design . . .
- What do students need to know, understand, and be able to do?
(curriculum + learning goals) What is our purpose (student voice + teacher)?
- What will you accept as evidence of learning?
(assessment tasks + methods + analog/ digital tools)
- What knowledge and skills will students need to achieve the desired results?
(pedagogy + resources: analog/ digital)
Continue the conversation . . .
- How will the integration of tech augment, modify or redefine the learning task(s)? How will the tech help students learn?
- What is the role of the learner with regards to tech integration?
- How will the tech empower students to take control of their own learning?
- How will the tech-integrated experience build 21st Century Competencies?
- How will the tech broaden student perspectives/ encourage broader community participation?
- Is the tech-integrated experience “real-life”? How long will this tech be relevant?
- How will you overcome unforeseen challenges?
AMDSB’s Becky Versteeg was recognized for her work being named to Feedspot’s Top 100 Classroom Blogs and Websites for Classroom Activities. Becky Versteeg joins 99 innovative and influential educators around the world like Cathy Cassidy, Edudemic, We Are Teachers, and Vicki Davis (a.k.a Cool Cat Teacher).
The Best Classroom blogs were chosen from thousands of top Classroom blogs in Feedspot’s index using search and social metrics. Data is refreshed once a week!
The Top 100 Blogs and Websites are ranked based on following criteria:
- Google reputation and Google search ranking
- Influence and popularity on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites
- Quality and consistency of posts.
- Feedspot’s editorial team and expert review
Congratulations again for our very own Becky Versteeg for your commitment to student learning and community building in AMDSB. And thank you for your willingness to share your learning journey with us. #YouRock
Connect with Becky Versteeg
Class Blog: Team2Eagles | Twitter: iAMbecky_ann
Welcome back to another exciting school year in #AMDSBLearns! All of the information, instructions and forms you need to start blogging with your students for the 2017-2018 school year are included here! Be sure to read through the entire Google Doc carefully. If you have any further questions, please leave a comment below, or send me an email! @LeighCassell