DECEMBER CHAT SCHEDULE:
Tweet and Talk (K-12): Tuesday December 5th at 9:30AM
K-6 Chat: Tuesday December 12th at 9:30AM
7-12 Chat: Tuesday December 19th at 9:00AM, 10:00AM, 12:00PM, and 1:00PM
Slow Chat: All month long!
If you are new to #ONedSsChat, Start Here!
Scheduled chats run for 1 hour.* Individual questions are posted for 10-15 minutes in consecutive order. Detailed information about our monthly chats can be found here!
*The Tweet and Talk Live Event only runs for 20 minutes, but the chat will continue on Twitter as a Slow Chat for the rest of the month.
If you are interested in having 1-2 students from your class join us on panel for a Tweet and Talk please contact us!
TWEET AND TALK (Live Dec. 5th at 9:30AM)
Watch Live: http://youtu.be/XSlVN0lY8no
Following our scheduled Tweet and Talk (YouTube Live Event), the recording of our Tweet and Talk will be posted on the #ONedSsChat website for classes to use as a provocation.
1. What does social justice mean to you?
2. What are some of the inequalities faced by people in our schools? In our world?
K-6: Why are some people treated differently in a negative way?
3. What are the steps to unlearning behaviours that perpetuate inequalities in our schools? In our world?
K-6: How can we make sure everyone is treated with empathy and respect?
4. What initiatives are currently taking place in your school that promote social justice as a mindset?
K-6: How do you celebrate diversity in your school?
5. How can you work for social justice at school and in the world?
K-6: What is your wish for a better world?
*These same 5 questions will be used for each chat this month: Tweet and Talk, K-6 Chat, 7-12 Chats and Slow Chat. Where necessary, questions have been reworded for our younger Tweeters. We recommend classes spend time answering the questions ahead of time so time during the chat can be spent liking tweets, retweeting, quoting tweets in reply, and collaborating with others.