As our education system continues to change, so do the decisions about the kinds of educational content/resources made available to teachers, how those resources are made available, and where those resources will be housed. I have included information below that was originally shared in my final blog post on the AMDSB EdTech Learning Community for your reference.
Edublogs and Digital Portfolios in AMDSB
- Edublogs Help and Support Documents will now be hosted on the Program Department website.
- Any requests for Class Blogs, Student Blogs, or support using the Edublog platform will now be directed to IT. Please ask your TRA to submit an eBase to your school’s IT trainer as necessary.
EdTech Learning Community Content
- All other content on the EdTech Learning Community can now be found here on my new blog.
- The only exception is the #AMDSBKidsChat which is now being led by Nicole Kaufman, Kerri-Lynn Case Schepers, and Becky Versteeg. Information about each upcoming #AMDSBKidsChat will be posted here: amdsbkidschat.wordpress.com Please subscribe to this site if you wish to receive updates about upcoming chats.
EdTech Learning Community Blog Subscriptions
- Anyone in the Avon Maitland District School Board subscribed to the EdTech Learning Community blog will be subscribed to the new EdTech Learning Community. However, you will need to approve the subscription request before your subscription will become active. Please watch for an email coming soon. As well, since blog post emails will now be coming from a site outside of AMDSB, you may need to check your SPAM folder to redirect posts from our new home to your INBOX.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from the EdTech Learning Community, you will be able to do so at the bottom of each new post email. You can subscribe again at anytime.
As of December 1st, 2017 you will no longer be able to access the EdTech Community at this address: http://edublog.amdsb.ca/tlc
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Thank you again for your valued contributions to the AMDSB EdTech Learning Community over the past 4 years. Our community was a vibrant place for sharing, collaboration, and learning. I look forward to continuing our conversations here, and moving forward with our learning as we continue to refine our practice with a focus on doing what is best for kids.