Join us as we discuss Empathy during our next #AMDSBkidschat on Thursday, October 26th from 12PM-1PM. #AMDSBKidsChat is a place for students to connect with their peers, creatively share ideas, improve literacy skills by communicating and collaborating with others, and develop citizenship and character. Everything you need to get started can be found here! Watch the video(s), answer the questions ahead of time, and join us to share your ideas and learn with other K-8 students throughout #AMDSBLearns!
Seasame Street: Empathy (Primary)
In Someone Else’s Shoes (Junior/Intermediate)
An Entire Town Secretly Learned Sign Language To Surprise Their Deaf Neighbor (Junior/Intermediate)
- What is empathy?
- How is empathy shown in the video?
- You notice a child sitting alone on the playground. This child always seems to be left out. How do you think s/he would feel? What are some ways that you could show empathy?
- The class laughed when a boy in your class got the wrong answer. How do you think he feels? What are some ways that you could show empathy?
- Your friend shared that her pet died this weekend. How do you think she feels? What are some ways that you could show empathy?
- A new student has joined your classroom. They are new to the school and community. How do you think s/he feels? What are some ways that you could show empathy?