Be the Change, Take the Challenge Project is global collaborative project for students that will start in September 2017 and finish in April 2018. The project is open to high school students and teachers from all over the world who believe in the power of global connections.Your students need to have communicative competence in English as all the assignments and communication will be conducted in English only.
Be the Change, Take the Challenge Project will emphasize learning activities that are long- term, interdisciplinary, and student-centered and the use of project- based and connections-based learning.
The objective of this project is for high school students and teachers to make international connections with peers and experts from all over the world and to improve their problem solving skills. As we all encounter problems every single day, it is important to know how to solve both easy and complex problems. In this project, we aim to show our students how to define problems, how to generate evaluate, select and implement solutions. We believe that this skill will be one of the most important ones in the future workplaces.
Upon completion of this project, students will:
• develop an understanding of problem solving
• identify the skills to participate in problem solving
• better understand the SDG ( Sustainable Development Goals) and the challenges in achieving it
• improve their writing, speaking and ICT skills
• meet international students and become a part of a global community
• participate in thought provoking Skype conversations and self –reflection activities that challenge students to investigate global problems
• become competent users of ICT tools in education
• gain a factual knowledge on global problems
• learn to express themselves online
• be challenged to share the information they learn
For more information, please visit the project website: Be the Change, Take the Challenge or contact Barbara Anna Zielonka.
Post contributed by Barbara Anna Zielonka