Join us as we discuss #Optimism during our next #AMDSBkidschat on March 28th from 10AM-11AM. It’s is a great place for students to connect with their peers, creatively share ideas, improve literacy skills by communicating and collaborating with others, and develop citizenship and character. Everything you need to get started can be found here! Watch the video(s), answer the questions, and join us to share your ideas to learn with other K-12 students throughout #AMDSBLearns!
- What does it mean to be optimistic?
- How was optimism shown in the video?
- What emotions, feelings or character traits do you need to be optimistic?
- Are you an optimistic person? Why or why not?
- Describe a time when you showed optimism.
- Why do you think it’s hard to be optimistic?
Alternative/ Additional Video for Primary/Junior based on the book When Pigs Fly
- Complete this poem* (before the Twitter chat) and share it during the chat to support your answer to Question #1.
- Take a video clip of your class singing a song about #optimism (e.g., Can’t Stop This Feeling, Happy, A Spoonful of Sugar, My Favourite Things,…)
- Draw a picture of the pig in the story being #optimistic (e.g., flying, your choice).
- Your ideas here!
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas for additional activities please leave a comment below! If you’d like support getting started, please contact me!
*Bruce, Adrian. “Poetry Writing Lessons – Happiness Catalogue Poem.” Happiness Poetry – Writing Catalogue Poems. adrianbruce.com, n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2017.