Join us as we discuss #Responsibility during our next #AMDSBkidschat on January 26th from 10AM-11AM. It’s is a great place for students to connect with their peers, creatively share ideas, improve literacy skills by communicating and collaborating with others, and develop citizenship and character. Everything you need to get started can be found here! Watch the video, answer the questions, and join us to share your ideas to learn with other K-12 students throughout #AMDSBLearns!
“Your success is your responsibility. Take the initiative, do the work, and persist until the end.”
Responsibility Video (Primary)
- What does it mean to be responsible?
- How is the character trait of responsibility shown in the video?
- Have a discussion about classroom responsibility. What are your responsibilities? What are your teacher’s responsibilities?
- How could you take on more responsibility at school this year?
- Write about the kinds of responsibilities you feel are really important. Here are some ideas:
a) your responsibilities at home
b) your responsibilities with your family
c) your responsibilities with your friends
d) your responsibilities in your community
e) your responsibilities to our environment
f) your responsibilities in your province/ country
g) your responsibilities to people throughout the world
h) your responsibilities to our planet
i) your ideas here!
- Take a photo of your ‘New Year’s Responsibilities’ and post them at the end of our chat with the hashtag #2017Responsibilities
- Take photos of students being responsible in the classroom or draw pictures that demonstrate responsibility and post them at the end of our chat with the hashtag #responsiblekids
- Your ideas here!
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas for additional activities please leave a comment below!