Since 2007, the Teacher Learning and Leadership Program (TLLP) has funded over 900 project proposals from experienced classroom teachers seeking a peer leadership role in curriculum, instructional practice and supporting other teachers. Once a TLLP project is complete, the Provincial Knowledge Exchange (PKE) provides school boards with the opportunity to mobilize the knowledge and experience of the TLLP teacher leaders across schools, districts and the province.
The goals of the TLLP and PKE are to:
- Create and support opportunities for teacher professional learning
- Foster teacher leadership
- Facilitate the sharing of exemplary practices with others for the broader benefit of Ontario’s students
Submitting Project Proposals
Teachers are invited to submit project proposals either individually or as a team. Examples of projects are:
- lesson study and creation of an electronic resource that can be shared province wide
- action research into innovative classroom strategies and publication of the outcomes in a professional magazine
- deepening and sharing teaching expertise (e.g. math skills, improving boys’ literacy)
- learning about adapting new methodologies / technologies for students with special needs and opening the classroom to other teachers in your school or board
Application Due Date
Applications are due to school boards/school authorities by November 18, 2016.
To download the TLLP Application Form, Program Guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions and other resources, please visit the TLLP’s online community of practice at TeachOntario.