I am often asked how to embed a YouTube video into an Edublog post when using the iPad so I have created a step-by-step set of instructions below. Please note that you must have both the Edublogs app and the YouTube app downloaded on your iPad. The following set of instructions will not work if you open Edublogs or YouTube in a browser (ie. Safari) on your iPad. Enjoy!
1. Open the Edublogs app and touch the “+” sign to create a new post. Add your title. Minimize Edublogs.
2. Open the YouTube app.
3. Type the name of the video you want to embed in the Search bar. If you are selecting a YouTube video from your YouTube channel, touch the avatar symbol (silhouette of a person); My Videos; and then touch the video you want to embed.
4. Touch the arrow in the top right hand corner of the video you selected.
5. Touch “Copy Link”. Minimize YouTube.
6. Open Edublogs. You should be back in the new post you created.
7. Touch in the text box and paste the link. Finish your post and publish (top right), or touch Delete (top left) and then choose “Save Draft”.
8. Preview your post by touching the symbol of the eye in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
If you have any questions please leave a comment below!