EdSurge‘s first International Tech for Schools Summit in Canada is taking place on Oct 2-3, 2015:
At the Summit, you will be able to try out innovative products, ask questions of the entrepreneurs and developers who built them and share your feedback on what you need in your classroom. No spin. No selling. And free for teachers.
Check out this video trailer here from the LA summit:
Two day summary:
Oct 2 : Workshops on Emerging Tech and Trends
Who Should Attend: Directors of Curriculum, Instruction or Technology and individuals that play a role in selecting and implementing technology
* Engage in small group sessions with leading edtech companies selected based on your district priorities
* Take part in thoughtful conversations around critical issues such as data management, evaluating tech & building partnerships
* Meet & share your experiences with peers from other schools & districts
Oct 3 : All Educators Day
Who Should Attend: School Admin and Teaching Staff
* Hands-on interactions with tech tools for teachers from curriculum products to teacher tools (selected by local teams of judges)
* Complimentary breakfast & lunch
* Raffle of 15 mobile devices!