Yesterday, we were doing some Science group work with the people at our tables. We were comparing how the liquids got absorbed and we had some new learning about how to work in groups and sharing ideas.
What didn’t work well:
– some people weren’t sharing their ideas
– some friends weren’t keeping up
– we weren’t writing the same thing
– some people were rushing ahead
– some people were not agreeing
What could we do to help with group work:
– ask friends in the group their ideas so we all can write the same thing
– move your body so you can see and hear better
– use encouraging words to get the job done
– share your work
– listen to other people so you can discuss their idea
– if the ideas shared are not agreed upon, discuss the differences respectfully
– everyone needs to participate
How did group work go today? Write one this thing that worked well today and one thing you still need to work on.