The presentation today was awesome because Salthaven brought real animals in to show us. Brian brought a black rat snake named Gus and a falcon named Shakar. Brian also told us many stories about the different animals Salthaven has rescued and re-released into the wild.
Today we learned how to protect animals:
1. Never feed a deer or any other animal cow’s milk or bread.
2. Never leave fishing line or water bottles or any garbage on the ground because it can harm animals.
3. Make sure our garbage cans are locked so animals can’t get in.
4. Never keep a wild animal as a pet because it won’t learn how to be an animal and it will be afraid of other animals. They don’t learn how to fly or find food and then they can’t survive on their own. They aren’t wild anymore. It could also be dangerous to us because it is a wild animal.
What should you do if you find a wild animal that is hurt or sick?
1. Don’t touch the wild animal.
2. Check to see if it has a band on its leg. Look at the animal to see how it is hurt so we can tell Salhaven what might be wrong.
3. Go home and tell your mom or dad or whomever is looking after you.
4. Call Salthaven!