Today is Friday and it’s time for our Check-In Chat!
These are some of the things that are going really well in Grade 1/2:
1. Empower is going really well for me. (Maricela)
2. Reading and thinking about the words I read. (Erica)
3. Anything with the Ipads. (Boyd)
4. The BFG Chapters. (Ginger)
5. Getting lots of smiles for doing good things. (Ryan)
6. Learning about Science – liquids, solids and gases (Brian and Erica)
Here are some of our wishes:
1. That we could have more iPad time. (Rachel, Katie, Josiah)
2. That we could have more art time. (Breanna)
3. That we could have more computer time. (Tyson)
4. I wish I was the BFG. (Brody)
5. For more recess time. (Nathan)
6. For more reading time. (Tia)
These are some of the things that aren’t working:
1. We have not been allowed free iPad time at indoor recess time because we broke a rule. (Brody)
2. No fighting and having no hands on. (Katie)
3. Friends are mimicking me. (Ginger)
Here are some of the ways we can solve our problems:
1. To get our free iPad time back, we can work harder (Maryn). We need to do what we were told to do when we are on our iPad (Brody). If we do what the teachers say, they may be able to gain our trust back (Erica).
2. We need to keep our hands off of each other, unless we are giving them a high five (Maricela). Also, the only time you have your hands on is if you are helping them (Katie). If someone is fighting or has hands on and you ask them to stop and they don’t, tell a teacher (Josiah).
3. To get friends to stop mimicking us we could ask them kindly to stop first and if they don’t, tell a teacher (Breanna and Erica). Stop mimicking people because it is not nice (Rachel).