Video files that exceed 50MB cannot be uploaded directly from your device to your blog. You must upload the video to YouTube first, then embed the YouTube video in a blog post, page or widget.
If the video was taken on your iPad:
Open Photos > Select the video you want to upload to YouTube > Click the share button (box with arrow) > Choose YouTube > Complete the required fields > Upload. Once your video has been uploaded, follow the instructions below to embed the video in a blog post or page.
1. Open a new post in your blog and in a new tab open up your YouTube account.
2. In YouTube, on the left hand side choose “My Channel”
3. Click on the video you want to embed.
4. Scroll down below the video and click on “share” and then click on “embed” and copy the embed code.
5. Go back to the open blog post, click on Text – top right hand corner of the post box – and click in the box where you want to paste the video (You are now working in html – code)
6. Paste the embed code the box.
7. To make sure your video is there, Save Draft andPreview changes. This will take you to your site and you will see your video with a play button in middle.
Please Note: In your YouTube account settings, the video needs to be “unlisted” in order for outside sources to access it on your blog and in order to maintain a layer of privacy for students.
Any questions, feel free to comment!